The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing a diverse visual range of characters and creatures. A solid grasp of form, structure, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The character artist must be skilled in another form of art production as well — illustration, texturing, animation, concept drawing — and be well-versed in related tools –3ds Max, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate also works well in an environment with peers who are passionate about making great games.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in game development modeling and texturing characters using 3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color and detail in creating texture maps.
- Skills in both organic and hard surface modeling and texturing.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from management, peers, and other creative sources as well as critique other artists’ work; loves the iterative and creative process.
- Understanding and passion for the imagery of fantasy worlds.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D artist.
- MMO, MOBA, and/or RPG games development experience.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and illustration.
- Experience with the Unity engine.
- A solid understanding of level design, 2D art, 2D animation, and 3D animation.